What we have been reading!!

Monday, June 6, 2016

Homeward Bound (Journeyman, #1)Homeward Bound by Golden Czermak
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Oh What A Journey It's Going to Be Stars!!!
Reviewed by Franci Neill


First let me say that I have NEVER ever read a PNR book so for me to read this book is a huge thing. But, I love Golden Czermak as a person so when this showed up on my kindle I thought, what the heck let's give this a try. Well I'm so glad I took this chance because I LOVED this book.

With his incredible artistic eye, Mr. Czermak was able to bring me into the story from beginning to end. His descriptions of not only the main players in this story, Gage Crosse and Adrienne Elkins, but the setting of each and every scene. I was in the abandoned building where the Vampire Coven was "resting" and I use that word lightly. I could feel the wind as the Vamp whizzed by Gage, Adrienne and Joey. I could hear the sounds of the screeching as The Journeymen fought against the Vamps in the building.

Who would have known that a PNR book would have me sitting on the edge of my seat like this as they fought and won Round One. The surprises they discovered in this first battle set the stage for the rest of the book too. There's so much action between the Humans and the Paranormals and surprises or twists in each and every scene. But then the intimate moments that Gage and Adrienne were able to engage in brought me back into the romance part of this book and let's just say, I wasn't disappointed. There are some pretty intense love scenes between these two which allows them to express their feelings in action before the words come to their mouth. And the battle scenes were incredible. Since this is my first PNR book, I was entirely impressed with the action scenes. It was almost like being in a movie theater with how they progressed.

This story truly took me on an extended journey and I loved so many facets of this story... the camaraderie between the humans, the sexual chemistry between Gage and Adrienne, the ferocity of the battles and the pictures created with the words in each and every paragraph. The book ended with me in tears as I SO didn't see that coming and I'm just not sure how I'm supposed to wait until December for Seal of Solomon!!!

Thank you Golden for the privilege of reading this book prior to release.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment