What we have been reading!!

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Dear LifeDear Life by Meghan Quinn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Proving Your Existence is Eye Opening Stars!
Reviewed by Franci Neill


I'd heard quite a bit about this book before it showed up on my kindle but I didn't really know what to expect when I started this one. Well, this book has evoked emotions in me that were deeper than I've felt in a long time.

This is the story of Jace, Hollyn, Carter and Daisy and their meeting in a group called Dear Life. This isn't a group any of them really wanted to join, but they've either been pushed to by family and friends OR they were forced to and that is reflected in their participation in the group or lack thereof.

What makes this groups so much more interesting and emotional is how their lives interconnect. Talk about four people who are as different as night and day coming together and learning from each other in ways none of them expected.

I laughed until I cried, I cried until my eyes were almost swollen shut and I got a little cranky at Carter on more than one occasion! Of the four people this book centers around, I can say unequivocally that Daisy is my very favorite. This is a girl that is so naive and innocent in every way possible.

There were so many times I laughed out loud at situations she was involved in but there equally as many that I cried. Her openness in wanting to get the most out of this program and her ability to bring the others with her was so endearing, especially when she breaks through Carter's shell and forging a somewhat awkward friendship with him....
"Oh, I'm so excited. We are going to have the best time, Carter. I just know it. Oh, we can puffy paint together."
My laughter after reading this scene could be heard everywhere on the train I was riding home on. The way this sweet and beautiful young lady changes not only herself, but those around her is such a beautiful experience. I think she even surprised herself on some occasions, but that's the beauty of Daisy. She doesn't expect anything but when something happens, her giddiness or sadness or any variety of emotions was almost awe inspiring as she always managed to turn it around to be a lesson for her.

I could continue on and on with this review and give you all sorts of details and spoilers, but I won't because this is a book that is a MUST READ.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment