What we have been reading!!

Sunday, January 29, 2017

GravityGravity by Lauren Runow
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Being Pulled to Your Soul Mate Stars!!!
Reviewed by Franci Neill


I absolutely LOVED everything about this book. And when I say everything, I mean EVERYTHING!!! Lily and Trevin are best friends and have been since they were eight years old. They grew up next door to each and spend as much time together as they can. Lily's home is a complete opposite of Trevin's home and from the very beginning my heart hurt for Trevin. There is a moment in this book where everything changes for Lily and I had tears in my eyes....
"I stare into hhis room, knowing things will never be the same between us, or his family."
What's amazing about these two is they never cared what others thought of them and their friendship they were each other's other half. When they were little it was a friends, as they grew up it was so much more. The pain and heartache Trevin went through in this book caused me pain that's how deeply I felt the words on the pages. Even after everything he grew up with, Lily was still and always would be his "gravity." This is proven time and again as we span twenty years in the lives of our H/h.

The other constant in Trevin's life is his mom, Julie. She is a woman that handles quite a burden in their household as she tries to protect Trevin from the ugliness that surrounds them....
"I want to make sure you turn out to be a good man, a simple man, no matter what you've seen or lived through."
When Trevin discovers music and his talent of playing the guitar, thanks to Lily, it creates profound moments in his life....
"Music heals my soul and gets me through each day. Other than Lily, it's the only thing that's kept me sane."
As they grow up and change and try to discover who they're meant to be, Trevin is given the opportunity of a lifetime that will forever change his life... and Lily's. He has no choice but to take this opportunity because his other dream died. With this new adventure, he has to leave Lily. Before he does though they experience a night they've both wanted for so long, but is it the right time for them to take this step...right before he's leaving...
"You'll always be my gravity. You're what I need to stay grounded, no matter where I go, no matter what happens. Remember that. Only you."
This was a pivotal moment in their lives because when Trevin leaves, he becomes someone Lily never thought he would become and it's not something she's proud of. But her love for him, won't ever leave her heart. These two experience so much turmoil in their lives that leads to the point where their HEA is right in front of them.

This book is flawlessly written and the character development was so immaculate and allowed me to feel all their emotions. I fell in love with Lily, Trevin and their story.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment