What we have been reading!!

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Home Run (The Boys of Summer, #2)Home Run by Heidi McLaughlin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

While this is book two in this series, and I read the first book, Third Base, this book truly can be read as a standalone. I really enjoyed reading Cooper and Ainsley's story. I so loved how Cooper had to really work to get Ainsley to give them a shot. Don't get me wrong, there were a few times where I was reading and just wanted to slap her upside the head. I get she's got a lot on her plate, but sometimes you've just got to take that leap...

These two together have such a chemistry and they recognized it too, after he finally wore her down to go out with him. But sometimes even with chemistry oozing all over the place, things are said and done that could potentially ruin a budding relationship. Cooper is very career focused and sometimes that got in the way of his feelings for Ainsley and my heart broke a little for this beautiful, caring and loving woman because she really does deserve to have it all!

Don't fret though Cooper does redeem himself and that to me just shows he's an All-Star on and off the field. This is another winner by Ms. McLaughlin. The pace and character development are spot on as I've come to expect with her books and when I turned the last page on my kindle, I once again had a full heart and a big smile on my face!!!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment