What we have been reading!!

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Real Good Man (Real Duet, #1)Real Good Man by Meghan March
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5 There Really Are Good Men Left Stars
Reviewed by Franci Neill


To say I've been looking forward to this new book by Ms. March is putting it mildly. Ever since we got to know Banner and Logan in her Dirty Girl Duet I was hoping we would get her story and what a story we got!!!

Logan and Banner haven't met in person and have been carrying on a "texting" relationship ever since Banner's bestie Greer sent her a message on Logan's phone. What I loved so much about this is that it really was just texting not sexting! However, there was plenty of flirting going on and I think because Banner thought she'd never meet Logan in person, she felt a sense of safety about really being herself and not what others thought she should be or would be. I say this because there's a particularly hurtful scene when Banner remembers meeting the family of one of her boyfriends. Completely explains why Banner is the way she is.

Logan on the other hand is a former Marine who lives in Kentucky and he's rough and tough and very closed off until he "meets" Banner that is. And the fact that they're doing all this flirting over text messages allows them both to be open and honest because, hey, they're never going to meet in person right? HA!!!

Everything comes to a virtual head when they meet in person and their chemistry is red hot!!! Needless to say things escalate when circumstances bring these two much closer together. Talk about needing a cold drink to bring down my body temperature!!! Logan doesn't think he's good enough Banner and he's afraid to think they could have a forever.

As the book progresses, we find out more about Banner and a project she's working on which I found completely and totally hilarious! I can so see her doing this as it just goes with her personality. Logan gets an opportunity that can put his business on the map too. It was clear to me, there's so much these two have in common but they can't see it because they're both afraid to get hurt. It hurt my heart that our H/h couldn't see how truly wonderful they each were and they really do have so much to offer a partner.

I wish I could tell you so much more about this book but I don't give anything away in my reviews and this is after all a duet so you just know there's a lot more to this story!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment