What we have been reading!!

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Southern Desire (Southern Heart, #2)Southern Desire by Kaylee Ryan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Allowing Yourself to Love Stars!!!
Reviewed by Franci Neill


From the very first page of this book I was a goner! I had literally just experienced an emotional event in my life that involved my mom so when I read the prologue of this beautifully written book I was bawling. Whitney is a young woman that has spent the last few years caring for her ailing mom and when she finds herself needing to find a new normal she moves to be with the only family she has left which is in Kentucky and this is where her life takes on new meaning. When she makes this move, she keeps in the back of her mind some very wise words from her mom....


Well, this is where Aaron enters her life. Aaron is the older brother of McKinley who is Whitney's new boss and there is an immediate draw to him. As much as Whitney doesn't want to have feelings for Aaron, he makes it impossible not to be drawn to him. He can see something in her that no one has seen before and as much as he's not the type to truly "date" there's something about this beautiful woman that changes everything for him. Aaron is now on a mission to get to make Whitney his and he goes about it by wooing her in all the best and simple ways.

With every chapter of this book I fell more and more in love. Not only is Aaron so very handsome, the gentleness of his heart makes him the perfect package. His love for his niece and nephew, Lexi and Walker just made me swoon that much more.

Because Whitney hasn't ever experienced feelings like this, she's just not sure what to do with all these emotions swirling inside her. But when they're together....


Watching this beautiful love story unfold gave me hope in my heart that true love does exist. The way Aaron loves Whitney scares her but as I saw her heart open up I was smiling from ear to ear. Ms. Ryan has again written a story that allowed me to disappear into a captivating love story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment