What we have been reading!!

Thursday, January 26, 2017

The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Don't tell my husband, but I think that we are in need of a new roommate.... Ok, I will not go that far, but I have to tell you, this is my first 5 star review for Kendall Ryan. I finished a very heavy book that had my emotions all over the place. The Room Mate was the perfect book to lighten my soul and get me loving life again. I have so much love for this book and these characters, I can't even tell you...

Calling Dr. Roth, calling Dr. Roth... you can do a rotation at my OBGYN anytime! Poor Cannon Roth. We first meet him while he is giving an older patient an exam.

"I liked vaginas. I really did. But starting into the mouth of the one old enough to belong to my grandmother wasn't my idea of an exciting evening. No f*cking thank you."
~ Kendall Ryan, The Room Mate (Roommates #1)

Hahahaha!!! I was dying!

As we get to know Cannon Roth, we find out that he is in need of a new place to live because his psycho ex-girlfriend destroys his apartment. Along comes his older sister with the brilliant idea to room with her best friend and his childhood crush, Paige (I don't think that we ever get Paige's last name...).

Paige is less than happy with her best friend (Allie) for suggesting that Cannon come and stay with her. But little did Paige know was that Cannon was all grown up, and a doctor.

The sexual tension between Cannon & Paige is scorching hot! So when the idea of the two of them having a onetime only sex-athon where they walk away and neither of them fall in love with each other, what could go wrong?!?!

"I've been hard since last night thinking about it. I've wanted you for ten years, Paige."
~ Kendall Ryan, The Room Mate (Roommates #1)

As I stated already, this is my first 5 star review for Kendall Ryan. I loved the overall story between Cannon & Paige. I also loved the chemistry. I should tell you that I absolutely loved the ending as well. It was perfect. The Room Mate captured me from the first page to the very last.

"Growing up with her, I watched her turn into a knockout beauty, never dreaming that I'd get a shot at something more with her."
~ Kendall Ryan, The Room Mate (Roommates #1)

Kendall Ryan left me wanting more. More Cannon & Paige. More Allie and whoever she ends up loving. More of this new series in general.

Thank you Kendall for allowing me to read The Room Mate prior to its release. It was an honor getting to know these characters. They are in my heart and are there to stay. I am excited to see what other characters and books you have in store for us within this new series. Congrats on another amazing release!

#TheDreamTeam #CannonBall #MakingLemonade #WannaPlayDoctor #Princess

~ Review written by Heidi Pharo


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment