What we have been reading!!

Friday, February 24, 2017

A Broken Soul (The Pembrooke Series Book 3)A Broken Soul by Jessica Prince
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Are We Really Broken Stars!!!
Reviewed by Franci Neill


Somehow I made it through this beautifully and emotionally told story written by Ms. Prince. Quinn and Lilly are two people that are so emotionally beat-up that the thought of finding love and keeping it for a lifetime wasn't even on their radar, both for very different reasons.

Lilly is a beautiful and talented dancer and dance instructor who has received some of the worst news possible that literally could cripple her emotionally. My heart actually bled for her and the pain she was suffering. If I could have taken it away from her I would have. Quinn on the other hand is blaming himself for an accident that had reverberating consequences that for some reason he's let take over his life. And I get why he's doing it, but to let something that really was an accident dictate the rest of your life will prove to be a very lonely and angry life....

That is until he lets Lilly in just a little bit. Once she's there though, she's embedded and he needs to become okay with that. Because having someone to mend your broken heart is not only life saving, but it can lead to an all encompassing love unlike anything either of them have experienced to date.

The strength and beauty of the words that Jessica has given us allowed me to watch what was to be a friend helping a friend relationship develop into a powerful love that there was no escape from. Don't get me wrong there were plenty of times I was ranting and raving at one or both of them, because of their stubbornness and inability to let something go, but, let it go they did. This in turn allowed the bond and draw they felt for each other to burn brighter and stronger proving that when you open your heart and soul to the person that is meant to be yours, nothing is impossible and together you can conquer not only your worst fears but the world itself!

I'm sad that this is the last book in this series, but if it's truly the last one I'm satisfied that Quinn and Lilly's story brought this series to it's conclusion. I've loved the entire series, but their story is my favorite and will resonate in my heart for years to come.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment