What we have been reading!!

Thursday, February 23, 2017

CheckmateCheckmate by Rose Sawyer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Sometimes there are authors and books that you come across and you feel like you found a jewel and you want everyone to know about it. That is the case with the Stalemate series by Rose Sawyer. I have no words to tell you how much I loved this series.

Stalemate was released February 2016. I loved it! I will tell you that I originally gave it a 4 star rating. My main reason was because it had a major cliffhanger. If you have read any of my reviews, then you know that I HATE cliffies!!! I would rather wait for an entire series to come out and then binge read the series. That being side, I PM'ed the author on Facebook and let her know that I NEEDED to have Checkmate on my kindle as soon as it came out. I screamed when I saw the opportunity to read and review Checkmate!!!!! I so wish I was kidding. I needed the conclusion to Ellie & Alex's story.

Let me tell you, this series has to be one of my favorites that I have read in a very long time. Imagine Revenge (the TV show) meets a romance book.... Magic is made!

"There's a part of you that wants revenge so damn bad you're not willing to let your heart have its way."
~ Rose Sawyer, Stalemate (Stalemate, part 1)

Ellie Collins is on a mission to right the wrongs from her past. In order to do that Ellie needs to get close Alex King. While getting close to Alex, Ellie & Alex begin a relationship that Ellie has a hard time letting go of or walking away from.

"Alex ment so much more to her than anyone else ever had, and leaving him would mean leaving her heart with him."
~ Rose Sawyer, Stalemate (Stalemate, part 2)

As I said, Stalemate left us with a major cliffy....

"You were just a piece in a game I've been playing for a really long time. I needed you to get to someone else. I got to the place I needed to, and I don't need you anymore."
~ Rose Sawyer, Stalemate (Stalemate, part 2)

Again..... UGH!!!

Because it had almost been an entire year since I had spent time with Alex & Ellie, I had to do a complete re-read of Stalemate. I am so glad that I did. The flow between Stalemate & Checkmate was seamless. It flowed as one storyline. Checkmate was the perfect conclusion to Alex & Ellie's story.

One of the things that I loved about Checkmate was Alex's determination to be with Ellie.

"She had somehow needled her way into his heart, and despite the fact that she had left, he still loved her."
~ Rose Sawyer, Checkmate (Stalemate, part 2)

As Alex & Ellie renegotiate their relationship in Checkmate, you get one beautiful story. Rose Sawyer also answers the questions that you has in Stalemate in Checkmate.

"I think the tables turned and you were the one who got to say checkmate the day you and I fell in love."
~ Rose Sawyer, Checkmate (Stalemate, part 2)

Rose Sawyer is one of those authors that you MUST explore. I look forward to watching her career grow over time. This series left me wanting more. More Alex & Ellie..... Just more in general from Rose Sawyer. Take a chance and get to know an author that you may not know. You will love what you find with this series.

~ Review written by Heidi Pharo


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment