What we have been reading!!

Saturday, February 4, 2017

If I Dream (Corrupted Love #1)If I Dream by K.M. Scott
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

K.M. Scott, what did you just do to me?!?! UGH!!! I think that I need to breathe right now... My heart is completely racing after reading If I Dream!

Until Serena.... That is all you need to know from the blurb. Serena Erickson is the reason Ryder Rhodes wakes up every day and does whatever her father instructs. I'll back up a bit. Ryder Rhodes finds himself in the position where he eventually is "owned" by Robert Erickson. Ryder lives at the Erickson's home and has a job within the Erickson business, but there is one rule that Ryder must follow --- he is not to talk to or engage with Robert Erickson's daughter, Serena. Of course we all know that doesn't happen, right?!?!

"I wanted her so much it hurt."
~ K.M. Scott, If I Dream (Corrupt Love #1)

Fast forward... Serena's father catches Ryder & Serena together. This changes their world forever.

"After just a few seconds being near him, I wanted to return to those moments we'd shared together in that room when it was just us in the house and we still had dreams of things we couldn't do if only we got away from this world."
~ K.M. Scott, If I Dream (Corrupt Love #1)

As Serna & Ryder try to keep their relationship a secret, their love grows. I was rooting for them throughout this entire book!

"I love you more than I thought I could love anyone. You're the first thought on my mind when I open my eyes in the morning and the last when I fall asleep at night. And in between, I can think of little else than when I'll see you next."
~ K.M. Scott, If I Dream (Corrupt Love #1)

*** WARNING*** This book ends with a major cliffy. Although I typically hate cliffhangers and I wait until a series is fully published, this book was so worth the read. K.M .Scott left me needing more Ryder & Serena. If You Fight (Corrupted Love #2) releases April 25th!!! I need this book in my hands yesterday!

"She told me she loved me and promised someday we'd be together, but I knew better. No matter how much she cared, we were pawns in her father's world and that would never change."
~ K.M. Scott, If I Dream (Corrupt Love #1)

K.M. Scott, thank you for allowing me to read If I Dream (Corrupt Love #1) prior to its release. I have been in love with your work since I read Crash into Me (Heart of Stone #1) in 2013. Your writing captures me and takes me on a journey that I never forget. Each and every one of your characters have a special place in my heart. I can't wait to see how Ryder & Serena's love story ends.

#DeathByBlowJob

~ Review written by Heidi Pharo

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment