What we have been reading!!

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Pieces Of Heaven (Heaven & Hell #2)Pieces Of Heaven by Natasha Madison
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Heaven Really Does Exist Stars!!!!
Reviewed by Franci Neill


Talk about a wild ride of a book! I've been wanting this book since I finished Hell and Back a few months ago because I NEEDED Mick's story. Well I'm here to tell you the wait was so worth it! One of the things I so loved about this book is that it's in the same timeframe as Hell and Back, but we're getting it from Mick's POV along with his story of Marissa and Lori.

Because this is taking place around the same time frame of Hell and Back, we're also getting pieces of Jackson and Bella's story, because, they do intertwine in some of the most explosive scenes of this book. Mick is a hard, tough as nails detective that doesn't think he needs or wants love in his life. Well, when he finally "sees" Marissa for who she really is, a mother who will do anything and everything to protect her daughter.

He respects her and what she's trying to do and wants to do whatever it takes to make her happy. There are some moments in this book that brought me to tears, had me wanting to through my kindle across the room and had me swooning....
"I thought I knew what love was. I was wrong. It's not light and fluffy....It made my chest hurt when they cried. It made my heart beat faster when they smiled. It was everything. I knew then and there nothing and no one would ever touch them again. Ever."
There is some ugliness in this book that almost breaks our H/h. The people in their lives, more specifically Mick's life that has the ability to rip Mick and Marissa apart and that alone had me fuming. How could two people that are perfect for each other have to go through more pain yet again? As the book progresses our H/h are able to grapple their way back to each other....
"Her hands on me break me. Her touch. I was hers. She owned me, she just didn't know it. But for the rest of my life I'm going to make sure every morning, noon, and night she knows that she owns me."
The further I read the more intense the story becomes. As we move towards what is ultimately a VERY tumultuous ending, there is a moment that their love is put the test again. This time however, Marissa is the one who has to be strong and fight for their love....
"Leading to the man who made my dreams come true....The man who has given me my own little piece of heaven."
This story has some eyebrow raising surprises in it that left me gasping. It also and more importantly is a love story that proves love really can conquer all.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment