What we have been reading!!

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Brighter than the Sun (KGI, #11)Brighter than the Sun by Maya Banks
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Oh Maya, how I love those Kelly men! Those tough, fall for their women hard and fast, men.... You did it again with Brighter than the Sun. I just spent the past few hours with Joe Kelly & the rest of the Kelly clan. What a treat.

If you have read any of the KGI books, then you kind of know what to expect. But with Brighter than the Sun, there was a bit of a change. Usually the KGI team is off and running and the entire book is full of action. With Brighter than the Sun, we are treated to a slow burn type of romance with action during the last 25% of the book.

In my opinion, you should not read Brighter than the Sun without reading the rest of the KGI series. We get the privilege to catch up with everyone in the past books! There is dialogue between characters that you cannot understand without their background stories. It truly is part of a series and not a standalone book.

So, now that we have that out of the way, let's get to the story.... I LOVED IT! Joe Kelly is the last single Kelly boy. He thinks that all of his brothers are crazy because of how sappy they are with regards to their wives and kids. Overall he thinks that all of the KGI team that has been bitten by the love bug are insane. That all changes when his sister brings home Zoe Kildare. When those Kelly boys fall, they fall fast and hard! Joe is no exception.

"I was ready the minute I laid eyes on her."
~ Maya Banks, Brighter than the Sun (KGI #11)

Zoe Kildare is running from her father and his world. Rusty Kelly invites Zoe to stay at the Kelly compound. She is reluctant to open her heart or trust anyone but Rusty. Little did she know that Joe was not going to let her get away. He was determined to break down her walls and convince her that she is loved.

"I would never hurt her. I'd never let anyone hurt her again."
~ Maya Banks, Brighter than the Sun (KGI #11)

Again, I am a huge KGI fan so this was a fun book to read. Thank you Maya for brining your characters into my world. Each and every time that I get to spend time with them is such a treat. It looks like Skylar's story is up next. Say what?!?! I need Sean & Rusty's story!!! Pretty please!!!

#Fishing&RockThrowing #DreamsComeTrue #GooeyMushySofty

~ Review written by Heidi Pharo


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment