What we have been reading!!

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Running MateRunning Mate by Katie Ashley
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have not read a Katie Ashley book in a long time! I am glad that I took a chance on the Running Mate. Although I enjoyed The Proposition series, I never really connected with the Running Mate. I know, I know... Please do not kill me....

So here's the deal, I actually loved the concept of the book ---> Addison is working on James Callahan's presidential campaign. James Callahan has an unruly son, Barrett Callahan. James is determined to make sure that Barrett and his shenanigans does not ruin his presidential run. So... he comes up with the plan to have Addison become Barrett's fake fiancé. Does that ever work?!?! No!!! They either kill each other or fall in love --- or they do both!

I will say that overall Running Mate was funny! I liked Katie Ashley's humor throughout the book. It was witty and had me laughing.

My problem with this book was that it was so predictable. It could just be that I have read a lot of romantic comedy books lately and they all seem to have the same type of storyline... Boy and girl hate each other and they fall in love in the end. I guess I was looking for something with a bit more of an unpredictable storyline.

If you are a Katie Ashley fan, take a chance on this book. If you need a book with humor in your world, take a chance with this book. For me, this book just fell flat. I will never bash and author or a book if it wasn't for me. That's not my style. So take a chance. You all may love it!

Thank you Katie for allowing me to read Running Mate. It was well written and had me laughing. I am sorry that I didn't fall in love with this one. But I am not going to give up on your writing! You do have a fan for life.

~ Review written by Heidi Pharo


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment