What we have been reading!!

Friday, March 31, 2017

Say I'm YoursSay I'm Yours by Corinne Michaels
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I went into Say I'm Yours telling myself --- "I will not cry... I will not cry..." But Corinne Michaels just has a way with words. She completely gutted me with Trent & Grace's story.

As I was reading this book, the song that kept coming to my mind was Brantley Gilbert, You Don't Know Her Like I Do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1jCm...

This song perfectly describes the relationship between Trent Hennington & Grace Ronney.

Trent & Grace have grown up together. Because they live in a small town, their families are connected in every possible way. The problem that Trent & Gracie face is that Trent is unable to make a full commitment to Gracie. Their relationship tends to be on repeat ---> Give into their attraction to one another, hang out and act like boyfriend - girlfriend, Trent gets scared and leaves Gracie hanging....

"You push me and manipulate me into believing it'll be different each and every time. I love you! I love you so much it hurts, and you keep breaking me! You don't love me. You don't know what that even means!"
~ Corinne Michaels, Say I'm Yours

Finally Grace decided that she is too good for Trent and his shenanigans. For as much as she loves Trent, she loves herself more.

"You don't love a man for this long and not yearn for him."
~ Corinne Michaels, Say I'm Yours

Along comes Cooper Townsend. Cooper has had a crush on Grace since he can remember. Grace continues to put him into the friends zone. That is until she breaks things off with Trent and is determined to move on without him. With some coxing by her friends, Grace finally decides to go on a date with Cooper. In the end she needs to follow her heart. Where does that lead her?!?!

"You don't care that I'm goin' crazy without you, but I am. Then to see you out with another man 'bout killed me."
~ Corinne Michaels, Say I'm Yours

Full disclosure, I am a proud wife of a law enforcement officer (LEO). The things that they see and hear can be horrific and yet they continue to go out there day after day to protect us from the evil in the world. With this in mind, as Say I'm Yours continues, we find out the reasons behind Trent's commitment issues. He is an LEO who has seen things that he cannot move past.

"He doesn't push me away because he's protecting me, he pushes me away to protect himself."
~ Corinne Michaels, Say I'm Yours

Here is how good Corinne's writing is in Say I'm Your... I really thought Trent was an a$$hole at the beginning. As we find out more about Trent, my heart was breaking for him. He might be one of my favorite LEO book boyfriends! I know that Corinne is an LEOW (law enforcement officer's wife) in real life. I could totally tell that through her writing of Trent. It was superb! Only someone in the law enforcement community could convey the emotions that Trent displayed. I was in tears.

Corinne, I have to tell you that I was laughing so hard when Trent said this...

"It's okay, sweetheart. I'm a cop, I'm highly trained on weapons and you're my wife... you got this"
~ Corinne Michaels, Say I'm Yours

Why do ALL law enforcement officers think like this?!?! OMG!!! My husband is the exact same way! I was dying!

I feel like I need to stop my review here simply because I do not want to give away much of Trent & Gracie's story. But I will tell you that they both get their HEA.

Thank you Corinne for allowing me to read Say I'm Yours prior to its release. I enjoyed this book so much. I feel like I could go on and on about it. I won't but I will tell you that I am so looking forward to the next book in this series (yes I know that it says that it's a standalone, but it's not really...). Bravo and another amazing book!

#BlackLicorice #IKnowWhoYouAre #FamilyCompetition #YoureMine&ImYours

~ Review written by Heidi Pharo


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment