What we have been reading!!

Monday, March 20, 2017

Take Me BackTake Me Back by Meghan March
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Getting Back to Where You Started Stars!
Reviewed by Franci Neill


You know when you pick up a book and from the very first page you’re hooked? This is exactly what happened to me when I started this amazing and thrilling new book by Ms. March.

I thought I was prepared for what I was getting ready to read. Oh how wrong I was. Ms. March did an exceptional job of keeping this book under wraps the entire time she was writing it. She’d give little tidbits here and there…


I guess I should have paid more attention to those words, because this book is ALL that and SO MUCH MORE!! This is the story of Dane and Kat and their struggle to get back to the early days of their marriage that included a somewhat whirlwind courtship on Dane’s part…


Both Dane and Kat are strong willed, independent and assertive people. Put them together and their chemistry just blows up the page! This is so evident when they first meet while they’re each on vacation and Kat sees Dane for the first time…leave it to Benjie Kat’s BFF to just lay it out there and add a little levity to their intense chemistry….
“Psh, I’d let you give her the D right here on the beach if you asked. God knows she needs it more than I do.”
I was rolling when those words came out of his mouth! This my friends was the start of these two becoming a couple and how they found each other, lost each other and hopefully find each other again! Their relationship starts on a whim, that neither of them was looking for, but once they found it they’d do anything to keep it going. Even if it meant short weekend trips to wherever the other one was.

One of the things I loved so much about Kat is her fierce determination to not only be a success at running her own company but fighting for what she wants and what she wants most is Dane. And Dane lets her know in no uncertain terms that….


Talk about swooning!!! I’d follow Dane anywhere!!! Their trip starts off with some bumps, but what trip ever goes totally smooth. I just kept reading and reading and falling more and more in love with our H/h. The love they have for each other may have been hidden a little bit, but it was still there and they both knew it, especially Kat…
“Why did I fall in love with him? Because he was another escape. Because he made me laugh. Because he made me happy at a time when I thought I would be pretending to smile for the rest of my life. Because instead of just faking living for a moment, he taught me how to do it for real, even though he didn’t know he was doing it.”
The fact that Kat felt this way about the man she met on a beach and decided to spend her life with, meant, in my opinion that they truly are soul mates and they just need to find a way to get back to that magical place. Ms. March does a magnificent job of bringing us into this couple’s life and getting us to feel each and every emotion with her words that I actually thought I was on the beach with Dane and Kat.

With their chemistry, the sex in this book is OFF THE CHARTS HOT!!! I thought I’d read it all, but noooooo…there’s so much heat in this book, I thought about getting a fire extinguisher!! Dane is all alpha and he doesn’t let her forget it. But even with his alpha tendencies, the love he has for her is all encompassing and overrides everything in his life….


I could go on and on about my love for this book, but that would get redundant so I’ll leave you with these last few thoughts because there’s so much more to this book and I LOATH people who put spoilers in their reviews. If you take anything away from my review, know this with all certainty…

This book is EVERYTHING!! I laughed, I cried and I got just a little irritated. It’s sizzling and wickedly HAF!! And it has eclipsed all of Meghan’s previous books >I> and become my number one favorite!! Don’t walk, run as fast as you can and one-click this book … you won’t be sorry!!!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment