What we have been reading!!

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Twice Burned (Love is Messy Duet, #2)Twice Burned by Emily Goodwin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Prior to Hot Mess (Love is Messy Duet, book 1), I had never read an Emily Goodwin book before. The love that I have for this duet... I have no words. Emily has gained a fan for life! I am so excited to have discovered her work!!!

* Warning --- Twice Burned is NOT a standalone. You have to have read Hot Mess in order to read Twice Burned. You will not be disappointed by diving into Hot Mess.

If you recall, Hot Mess left us with a major cliffy. My blog partner and I talked about Hot Mess and all we wanted to know was, who was awake?!?! I will tell you, you do get that answered and so much more.

Twice Burned was the perfect title for this book! The way that Emily wrote it, it kept circling back to being twice burned. In the end Alexis (Lexi) & Luke end up right where they both needed to be.

"I can't breathe. Spots flash before my eyes and I know this in the end. My heart suddenly breaks for everyone I'm leaving behind, then breaks even more because I've lived my life for me and me alone. I haven't loved. Haven't let anyone close enough to love me."
~ Emily Goodwin, Twice Burned (Love Is Messy Duet Book Two)

In Twice Burned Luke & Lexi have to really get through the ugly to grow their relationship.

"Everything feels right when I'm with Luke. He gave me a second chance at love and happiness, and I want to do the same for him."
~ Emily Goodwin, Twice Burned (Love Is Messy Duet Book Two)

As they work through the ugly, you fall deeper in love with these characters.

"I f*cking love you. I didn't mean to fall for you but I did. I fell hard. I fell fast. No one has ever made me feel this way. My life has fallen apart but you put everything back together without even trying. I love you."
~ Emily Goodwin, Twice Burned (Love Is Messy Duet Book Two)

There is one thing that I wish I would have seen within this duet. I actually liked Cole Winchester (Luke's brother & Lexi's boss). I would have liked to see his HEA. Please, please give him his HEA Emily!

"You told me to find the beauty in the chaos."
~ Emily Goodwin, Twice Burned (Love Is Messy Duet Book Two)

I sure did!!! This love story between Luke & Lexi was simply perfect.

Thank you Emily for allowing me to read this entire Love is Messy duet. It was fun. The characters were loveable and their intensity was simply magical. As this year goes on, I can't wait to circle back to your work and discover more of your stories! Thank you again.

#FlynnRider #DisneyWorld

~ Review written by Heidi Pharo


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment