What we have been reading!!

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Betrayed by Lies (Bound and Broken, #3)Betrayed by Lies by Rebecca Shea
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Last weekend I spent the weekend with the Estrada - Cortez family! For some reason I have been totally into romantic suspense books lately. So when I got my hands on Betrayed by Lies, I devoured the entire series!!! WoW! I don't even have to words to tell you all how much I loved this series.

It was my first time reading anything by Rebecca Shea. I know, I know.... where have I been?!?! Her work has been on my kindle, but I just hadn't dove into any of her books until last weekend. Again, WOW!!! I am so glad that I did.

I am not going to review Broken by Lies or Bound by Lies only because they are mainly about Alex Estrada & Emilia Adams. In Betrayed by Lies, we get Sam Cortez story! YAY!!!

Betrayed by Lies starts with the best dedication ---> To those that never gave up on Sam. This is for you.

Yes, this book was for us! And boy was it good!

I will warn you, if you read the epilogue --- three years later in Bound by Lies, then you already know that Sam ends up with Kate Stevens. But we were never given their story until now....

I will also tell you that you should read the first two books within Bound and Broken series in order to fully appreciate Betrayed by Lies.

"Raking my hands over my face, I do my best to shove the events of last year to the back of my mind, but the life goes out of my eyes when I see the scars scattered across my chest. They're a constant reminder of the day I lost almost everything... including my life."
~ Rebecca Shea, Betrayed by Lies (Bound and Broken #3)

Oh Sam... I loved Sam in the first two books. Although I knew that he was not right for Emilia (Em). Em was always supposed to be with Sam's brother, Alex. It isn't until Sam leaved Arizona and tries to rebuild his life in Los Angeles that he starts to realize that Em wasn't the one for him. Throughout this book he works through his feelings for her. When he meets Kate Stevens he finally realizes that what he felt for Emilia was nothing compared to what he's starting to feel for Kate.

"For the first time in a long time, I have something to look forward to."
~ Rebecca Shea, Betrayed by Lies (Bound and Broken #3)

Kate is an attorney that is married to her job. Her brother, Nick, is the head of the ATF offices in LA. As the head of the ATF office in LA, he is Sam's boss. Knowing that Sam is new to the area, Nick offers Sam to chance to rent out the guest house on Kate's property. Thankfully Kate & Sam both agree and Sam moves in.

"She will be my demise. Someone I wasn't expecting but am growing to want in ways I didn't think were possible."
~ Rebecca Shea, Betrayed by Lies (Bound and Broken #3)

Now that Sam is moved into Kate's guest house, Kate & Sam start to get to know each other. As they begin to get to know each other, Kate starts to feel alive for the first time in 18 months. She starts leaving work early just so she can spend time with Sam.

"I'm feeling emotional because I want more with Sam. Everything about him intrigues me, and yet I barely know him."
~ Rebecca Shea, Betrayed by Lies (Bound and Broken #3)

There is so much that I loved about not only this series but this book. Rebecca sucks you in emotionally and then takes you on this ride that you are not expecting. I cried while I cheered these characters on. It was hard not to root for them!

"This is just the beginning of us, Kate."
~ Rebecca Shea, Betrayed by Lies (Bound and Broken #3)

The writing was fantastic. I couldn't get enough! I am so glad that I took a chance and signed up for this ARC. It allowed me to discover a new author to me and know I am a fan for life!

Rebecca, thank you for writing these characters. They will hold a special place in my heart, always! I wish I could read the entire Bound and Broken series over again for the first time.

#NoOneLeaves #Dreamboat

~ Review written by Heidi Pharo

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment