What we have been reading!!

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Mixed UpMixed Up by Emma Hart
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Is It Really Hate Stars?

Well, Emma Hart has done it again! She's written a sassy, sexy, funny, had me rolling book! I swear with every book she delivers, she's never disappointed me.

This book takes place down in the Florida Keys, Whiskey Key to be exact, and our H/h are Patrick and Raven. These two go at it like cats and dogs and you just know there's this underlying chemistry that if they could put the claws away for just a few minutes they'd be on fire KABOOM!!!

Raven is a true mixologist and has her own bar in Whiskey Key. She's got some great drinks that I think I'd like to try on my next tropical vacation. She's decided to expand her bar to offer food, but can't find a chef that is worth his weight in Michelin stars...well she could, but her brother won't do it, and his best friend is the dreaded Patrick. Add into the mix, the fact that her family is hold a reunion over the summer and her VERY Greek family will all be in attendance. That alone had me cracking up!

When these two decide to work together in her bar, well it wasn't really decided, it came about for a variety of reasons, let's just say there's more than food being cooked and drinks being mixed! What I loved so much about this book is that Patrick's feelings for her really came out of nowhere and he just didn't know what to do about them....


Talk about throwing him for loop. Whatever that pull was for him, he embraced it, in fact they both did and leave it to Ms. Hart to give us some of the dirtiest talking, steamiest sex imaginable! The underlying animosity these two had was the driver for them coming together between the sheets and it was unlike anything they'd ever experienced before.

The book moved at just the right pace for this particular story. There's family drama that not only was rolling my eyes and laughing out loud, but agreeing with as I spent my fair share of my Summers growing up with my cousins and their very large Italian family. Greek or Italian when you get that many differing personalities in a room, just stand back and watch the melee!

This is definitely a book that will be a re-read for me because it's just that much fun! I loved their enemies to lovers story, the fact that even when they're together as a couple, the snarkiness doesn't stop and the laughs will keep them going!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment