What we have been reading!!

Saturday, April 22, 2017

The Castle (Endgame, #3)The Castle by Skye Warren
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I had not read a Skye Warren book/ series prior to The End Game. O-M-G!!! I had no idea what I was missing until I spend a few days with Gabriel Miller & Avery James. WoW!!! Just wow!!!

*** WARNING ***
The Castle IS NOT a standalone. You have to have read The Pawn and The King prior to The Castle. It is one continuous story.

The End Game starts off with The Pawn. In The Pawn we are introduced to Gabriel & Avery. They meet in the most unconventional way. Avery is in need of money to save her family home. She offers up her virginity for a cost. Gabriel is more than willing to take her up on this offer. So, for 30 days Gabriel owns Avery. He monitors her every move and controls just about every interaction that Avery has. As a reader I kept asking myself, why?!?!

"You captivated me before you even knew I existed. You're my queen."
~ Skye Warren, The Castle (The End Game #3)

The story continues in The Knight. In The Knight, the pieces of this real life chess game start to fall into place. It isn't until The Castle that everything is revealed.

"All the money in the world doesn't matter if you don't have anything to buy. Cars. Drugs. Women. None of it interests me, but suddenly I know exactly what I want --- everything he has."
~ Skye Warren, The Castle (The End Game #3)

Throughout this story, one of the things that I kept thinking was that Skye Warren is the master at leaving each and every chapter on a cliffhanger! It was so well written that it was hard to put down. The twists and turns throughout this entire series kept you on the edge of your seat!

"You're asking me to break into pieces. What do you think shards of glass will do to you? You'll be cut, little virgin. You'll bleed."
~ Skye Warren, The Castle (The End Game #3)

Not only is this a suspense series, but there is also that romance piece to this series that I loved! I seriously wanted to cut Gabriel at moments and then swoon all over him at others! And as Gabriel & Avery's story goes on, you totally understand why Gabriel does what he does. It is almost endearing what he is willing to do for Avery.

"You're my queen, little virgin."
~ Skye Warren, The Castle (The End Game #3)

I feel like I am being very vague with this review and yet giving away info that maybe I shouldn't... I'm trying so hard to not give away spoilers.

I will tell you, this is a must read series for 2017! ADD IT TO YOUR READING LIST NOW!!! I promise that you will thank me later!

"I came to him as a virgin in every sense of the word, my body untried, my mind untested. My heart unbroken. He changed me, formed me, made me into a woman. And in the same way I made him into a man --- a man who can love without reservation, a man who can submit. A king who can give himself over to his queen."
~ Skye Warren, The Castle (The End Game #3)

Skye Warren, you have a fan for life! I am so looking forward to finding some time to discover more of your work. I loved this series so much! Thank you for allowing me to fall in love with your characters!! The End Game was simply brilliant.

#ILikeDirty #LittleVirgin #YouOwnTheBoardNow #Checkmate

~ Review written by Heidi Pharo


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment