What we have been reading!!

Monday, April 3, 2017

The Hard Truth About SunshineThe Hard Truth About Sunshine by Sawyer Bennett
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Looks Can Be Deceiving Stars
Reviewed by Franci Neill


What an emotional roller coaster of a journey Ms. Bennett has taken us on with this amazing book. I thought I knew what I was getting into when I picked this one up, but boy was I wrong!

The four main characters of this book are all in very different places in their lives, but find themselves in the same room for some life altering counseling. They really don’t have anything in common…or do they? As I read this book I found myself tearing up at some of the most poignant writing that I’ve ever read. Ms. Bennett has a way with her words that are so graceful and beautiful that allowed my heart to weep with the pain these four people are enduring. But trust me when I tell you she put me back together again by the end of this amazing book.

Yes, even Christopher, the one guy who thinks he doesn’t need to be there, made my heart cry. His pain is so deep that he doesn’t even recognize what a shambles his life is in. But with the help of “Sexy Eyes, Goth Chick and Dead Kid” he’ll soon become someone that we all want to know and yes love.

In order to get there though, there’s a journey these four make that is breathtakingly beautiful both literally and figuratively. Once they’re underway, it becomes clear these four are more than what we see physically and when the flood gates are opened, we see how deeply they truly do care for each other, whether they want to admit it or not.

I can’t really say too much more as I would start to give away some of the most important aspects of this book and this one is something you need to experience yourself. Do yourself a favor, pick this one up and settle in for a journey you’ve never experienced before.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment