What we have been reading!!

Friday, April 21, 2017

The House Mate (Roommates, #3)The House Mate by Kendall Ryan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

WoW!!! Kendall Ryan totally made my day with The House Mate!

The House Mate is part of Kendall's Roommates series. Each book is a standalone book. I will be honest, I was a bit nervous to read The House Mate because I didn't really enjoy the second book in this series, The Playmate. But Kendall blew me away with The House Mate! It was a super simple, fun read. I actually listened to it while switching over my closet from fall/winter to spring/summer. It was the perfect book to listen to (via text-to-speech on my Kindle) while doing this mundane project.

In The House Mate we meet Max Alexander. He is a bad boy that is not looking to settle down or change his ways. That is until he finds out that he has a daughter, Dylan. Max's world changes completely!

Max makes the decision that he need a live-in nanny for Dylan. He puts out and ad and Addison Lane decides to apply. You guessed it, she gets the job! Let the fun begin...

"In my dirty mind, Addison was the perfect sensual vixen, ripe for the taking. And in my mind was exactly where she'd have to stay."
~ Kendall Ryan, The House Mate (Roommates #3)

I loved Max and Addison together! They were so fun!!! Addison challenges Max in a way that he was not ready for. Max pushed Addison out of her comfort zone. These two characters were perfect together! And add Dylan into the picture... It is a perfect family picture that kept me smiling.

"As long as she was still here with me, I could live with that. I stretched onto my back and she curled against my side, fitting her body to mine like a puzzle piece. My whole life, I'd never known I could love another person completely. Suddenly, in a matter of less than two months, I'd found two people who had become integral to my happiness... vital to making my world right. Addison shifter closer wrapping one leg around my hip as she drifted back to sleep. I made a mental vow to do everything in my power to erase the last of her doubts and make sure this was how I went to sleep every night. With her by my side. Because anything less would be half of a life."
~ Kendall Ryan, The House Mate (Roommates #3)

Enough said!

If you are looking for a fun, light hearted book, this is the book for you!!! I promise that you will love it.

Thank you Kendall for allowing me to read The House Mate prior to its release. You totally redeemed yourself with this one! No lie!!! I PM'ed Dani (Inkslinger) and told her right away how much I loved this one! I can't wait to see what else you have coming our way this year. :)


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment