What we have been reading!!

Friday, April 21, 2017

The Player (The Player, #1)The Player by K. Bromberg
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

K. Bromberg, I will slay dragons for you! You rocked my world with The Player!!!

I have to be honest, when I started The Player, I had no idea what I was in for. Sure I had read the blurb, and of course I was in LIKE with this book because it was Kristy Bromberg! But I can't tell you how in LOVE I am with this book.

*** WARNING!!! There is a cliffy in this one! If you read my reviews, then you know that I HATE cliffies!!! They drive me nuts! So now I have to wait until the summer of 2017... UGH!

The Player was a fun read! Easton Wylder is a cocky baseball player that is injured. Along comes Scout Dalton, the physical therapists who is hired to get Easton ready to get back onto the field. Neither of them expected to fall in love.

"You forget I can read you. And you like me, Scout Dalton. So, pretend all you want that you don't. Tell me the other night was a mistake. But I'll be over here chipping away at whatever is preventing you from admitting it, because that night was incredible. And not just the sex. That was phenomenal, too. But you... You get me. In a world of people wanting the throwback baller they see on the field, you understand there is more to me than just him. For some reason you seem to understand the things no one else does, the parts of me I'm not sure I even get, and yet you're able to put words to it. So, yeah... the sex was great. You can stick to your guns, tell me it wasn't, tell me it was a mistake, tell me you don't feel a damn thing when we touch... but I do. And I want to go out again."
~ K. Bromberg, The Player (The Player #1)

The push and pull between Easton & Scout was perfect. It made me root for them throughout the entire book. And yet I wanted to smack them at the same time!

"I'm putting myself out on a limb for a woman who wants to run, when for the life of me, I've never been one to stay. But I'm not going anywhere."
~ K. Bromberg, The Player (The Player #1)

As this book goes on, you realize that Scout is put in a very difficult position. The choice that she needs to make is heart wrenching!

"... though I'm used to shutting everyone out, he might be the first I want to let in."
~ K. Bromberg, The Player (The Player #1)

One of the things that I love about this book is that there is a side story with Scout and her dad. I was crying! This side story is very much part of the overall story and it worked out perfectly. Well, I guess I can't say that it worked out perfectly because of that damn cliffy!!!! UGH!!!

Kristy, I have to tell you that I LOVED the prank that Easton pulls on the boys!!! HAHAHAHA.... I was dying!

"... if Easton's pranking the guys again, that means he's getting back in his groove --- mentally and physically."
~ K. Bromberg, The Player (The Player #1)

Kristy branching out into a new series is brilliant. For those of you who are nervous or only want that Driven series, you are missing out! You have to dive into The Player!!! I promise, you will love it. Well, besides the cliffy....

Thank you Kristy for allowing me to read The Player prior to its release. I loved it. I can't wait to see how Easton & Scout's story ends. They need their HEA!

#Kitty #HotShot #CherryLifeSavers #HaveADay #NakedBattingPractice #PetHaven #BlueGlitter

~ Review written by Heidi Pharo


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment