What we have been reading!!

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Too Hard to Forget (Romancing the Clarksons, #3)Too Hard to Forget by Tessa Bailey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 The Second Time Around Really Is Sweeter Stars!!!
Reviewed by Franci Neill


Finally we get Peggy Clarkson's book and what a fabulous book it is!!! I've a devoted Tessa Bailey fan and have loved this entire series, but I can unequivocally say, this book is my favorite of the entire series.

Peggy is determined to finally get over Elliott by visiting her alma mater...unfortunately or fortunately in her case all this does is reinforce why she fell for him and why she really just can't get over him. For Elliott, he thought he'd moved on, but no, he hadn't when she strolls back into his life, all bets are off!!

These two have quite the history, which we've gotten glimpses of in the first two books but we really get the one-two punch this time. There's angst, passion, love, hate and everything in between. Who knew I was going to be an emotional wreck after reading this book? Even knowing what I know now, I wouldn't change it for the world. Going in with no warning as to how I would emotionally connect with these characters and want them to so desperately find their HEA.

Ms. Bailey does such a marvelous job of involving the reader in each and every nuance of her characters and storyline that you can't help but be their cheerleader on the sidelines. There is so much depth to Elliott that when we really see inside him and his religious convictions it explains a lot of how and why he treated Peggy the way he did. But at some point, a man has to decide if living in the past that can't be changed and people that can't come back is worth more than putting his arms around the second chance with the woman he can't get out of his head and heart.

I loved everything about this book and am so glad, that even though I shed tears and felt the pain and angst of these characters, I'd do it all over again. Too Hard To Forget is a phenomenal story and I highly recommend reading not only this book but the entire series!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment