What we have been reading!!

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Twist (Dive Bar, #2)Twist by Kylie Scott
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have been living in the world that Kylie Scott created for the past few days. I have enjoyed getting to know the gang at The Dive Bar. Each book in the series focuses on a different couple. In Twist, we get to read Joe's story. We briefly met Joe in Dirty, but really get to know him and his swoony side in Twist.

So when I started Twist, I was super confused by the storyline and how this book would play out. But I have to tell you, I am so glad that stuck with it and let it play out.

Alex is an introvert of sorts that strikes up an online relationship with Eric (Joe's bother). As she emails back and forth with Eric, she slowly starts to fall in LIKE with him. She decides to step out of her comfort zone and surprise him at his bar, The Dive Bar. Little did she know that Eric not only doesn't like her, he doesn't even know who she is.

Joe is tired of watching his brother go through woman like they are nothing. He feels like he is the brother that isn't good enough. So when he creates an online profile and assumes the identity of his brother, Eric. He begins dialog with Alex and quickly finds that he too is in LIKE with her.

Everything comes to a head when Alex shows up at Eric's bar and Joe is forced to reveal that he is Eric online and the Eric that Alex thought she knew never existed, Or did he?!?!

I loved reading how the relationship between Joe & Alex went from like online to hate in real life to finally love. This was a sweet story that swept me away. It was the perfect series at the perfect time in my life.

Thank you Kylie Scott for allowing me to escape into this world that you created for a few days. Between Dirty & Twist, I feel like part of the gang! I am so looking forward November 2017 when we finally get the REAL Eric's love story with Jean in Chaser. Getting to know these two within the first two books has been fun. I really hope that they can find their HEA!

~ Review written by Heidi Pharo


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment