What we have been reading!!

Monday, May 1, 2017

Joy RideJoy Ride by Lauren Blakely
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 It's A Green Flag Stars!!!
Reviewed by Franci Neill


Once again Lauren Blakely has written another winner!! I swear I seriously want to be in her brain someday just to see how it works because with each new release I think I won't laugh as hard as I do and I wouldn't feel the connection with her characters or the story, which I do. I'm beginning to think there's no end to her comedic genius!

In Joy Ride we have Max and Henley who are rivals in the car world and just to add to this rivalry is the sexual chemistry that is so sizzling those around them could get burned by it! I especially loved how Henley gave it right back to Max with her sassy sexy attitude. Max is one of those alpha men that just doesn't want to admit a woman may have bested him. Now I'm not saying that's what's happened in this book, but let's just say, Max doesn't know what's hit him when all her guns come out to play!!

When these two have to come together to work on a car, well, the sparks they are a flying!! You know what they say when there's this much passion about hating someone? Well in Max and Henley's case it's over the top, out of this world ON FIRE sex!! I mean I was even breathing hard reading these scenes!

This book is told from Max's POV which I especially love with Ms. Blakely's books. To see what we're seeing from the a guy's point of view is always enlightening. Max is my kind of guy, tall, handsome, sexy and all alpha. How Henley resisted him for as long as she did I don't know.

This book's pace is perfect given it's about cars. The secondary characters as always, play an integral role in the story and add just the right amount of hilarity to our already laugh out loud story. If you're a lover of hot men, fast cars, chemistry that's off the charts then pick this new one up from Lauren Blakely and settle in for your own Joy Ride!!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment