What we have been reading!!

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Sex in the Sticks (Love Hurts, #1)Sex in the Sticks by Sawyer Bennett
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 It's Getting Hot In The Alaskan Wilderness Stars!!!
Reviewed by Franci Neill


I love when one of my favorite authors starts a new series and it's as good as this first book in the Love Hurts series by Ms. Bennett is. From the very first page I was laughing out loud at Valentine and all her sassiness. I mean this girl is used to Louboutin and Gucci not flannel and corduroy and that's what she's getting when she heads up to East Merritt, Alaska.

Logan is unlike anyone Valentine has met before and it's just like the old saying that opposites attract because in their case they're at complete opposite ends of the spectrum!! I fell in love with both of them and East Merritt. The way these two bantered with each other was outstanding. I could picture Val in all her NYC chicness trying to date all these men that are so different from the metrosexuals she's been dating which is why she ended up in our 49th State!

There's a sizzling chemistry between Val and Logan and once they move on it, it's scorching hot!!! And watching how being with this hot, hunky cop changes her was such a joy to read. She realizes that sometimes the simpler things in life really are the best things in life.

Ms. Bennett has the ability when writing her books to draw the reader right into the story and with this book in particular I loved being able to picture in my mind Alaska and it's incredibly beautiful wilderness. Val and Logan and the life they want to build together after a few bumps in the road of course. There's so much on the horizon for this series and I can't wait to read the next book in this series Jilted!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment