What we have been reading!!

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Battle ScarsBattle Scars by Emily Goodwin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5 Recognizing Love When It's Right In Front of You Stars!!
Reviewed by Franci Neill


Well, Ms. Goodwin left us with quite the cliffie in Bad Things and we pick right back up at that same scene in Battle Scars. And let me tell you my heart was beating so fast wanting to find out what was going to happen next!

Cole and Ana are feeling their way through this burgeoning romance but there's quite a few obstacles in their way both physical and emotional. Regardless of that though, their pull towards each other cannot be stopped and they like to take advantage of this chemistry A LOT!!!

Add into this the crazy Ex that is the source of quite the suspense in this book....there were a few times I gasped out loud because of this part of the story. For the most part though, I swooned, I laughed and I even shed a tear a little bit because if two people needed the forever kind of love more than our H/h I'm not sure who they are.

What I especially love about Ms. Goodwin's writing is she does an amazing job with character and plot development and the secondary characters are very involved in Cole and Ana's love story including the reconnection of Cole with his brother Luke.

Overall, this is a book that is a must read. We get the resolution to many questions, our H/h have some of the hottest and dirtiest sex, have the ability to make each other laugh and finding their HEA is a sweet satisfaction proving that any obstacles can be overcome!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment