What we have been reading!!

Thursday, July 6, 2017

Checkmate: This is Dangerous (Logan & Kayla, #1) (Checkmate Duet Series Book 5)Checkmate: This is Dangerous (Logan & Kayla, #1) by Kennedy Fox
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5 Being Impulsive Pays Off Stars!!
Reviewed by Franci Neill


Well, they did it again! I'm going along reading this fantastic story about Logan and Kayla, that I've been waiting for, and then BOOM!!! That ending....you'd think I'd be used to it because this is a Duet after all. This time though they really threw me for a loop!

But I digress. As I mentioned, I've been waiting for this book since I read Drew and Courtney's books because I just knew there was something between these two, but Logan just couldn't seem to decide what he wanted to do. Well in the very beginning of this first book, we get the one of the reasons for his reluctance to get involved with Kayla. Who he has reluctantly admitted that he's very attracted to, but something has held him back. And what a reason it is...I'm not telling you by the way.

Needless to say, I fell more in love with Logan the more I read of this book. Once he dips his toe in the "Kayla pool" he doesn't know what to do....

"Kissing her was impulsive, I know that, yet it didn't feel wrong at all."

Once these two get a taste of each other though is when it gets dangerous. There's an attraction between them that just can't be denied. But he's holding back and my heart just aches for him because he so wants to be with her. Not that we didn't already know this, but Kayla has a heart of gold and her passion for those that she cares about and the beautiful dogs that she loves and adores and has decided that everyone needs one, especially when they're being rescued in one way or another

Needless to say, these two manage to find their way to each other getting over some hurdles and oh my there was some major fanning of myself going on because oh my, when these two finally get into the bedroom and the kitchen and the shower....

Needless to say just when I thought, oh this going along so great, they're going to get their HEA, I remembered, this is book one of a Duet and then as I said in the beginning of my review, BOOM!!! I'll leave you here because there's not much more I can say without giving it away. But it's GOOD!!! Now the wait is on for This Is Beautiful.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment