What we have been reading!!

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Kiss My Boots (Coming Home, #2)Kiss My Boots by Harper Sloan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5 Getting Back Your First Love Stars!!
Reviewed by Franci Neill


I'm so in love with Quinn and Tate and their second chance love story. Harper Sloan has a way of writing a book that has you so invested in the characters we almost feel like we're in Pine Oak, Texas.

When Tate left Pine Oak almost ten years ago after a monumental first for both of them, he left without explanation and he broke Quinn's heart. Well things have changed and he's back and he's determined to get his girl back....
"I live in a world where Quinn Davis very much exists, erasing any possibility of any other perfect woman existing for me, ever....It's time to end this farce I'm stuck living and take back my life - and the woman who has always held my heart."
I knew right there that Quinn had no choice whether she wanted to have him back in her life or not....Tate was getting his girl back. Oh and the way he sets the stage...he's a sneaky one, but she's on to him and does a valiant job of tyring to resist. Notice I said "trying."

Once Quinn gets on the Tate train so to speak, she's full steam ahead and is ready to experience the love she's never thought she'd have back again....
"It doesn't matter that there is still so much unknown between us because of the years that have passed. All that matters is what I'm feeling."
When we find out why Tate left I was angry for both of them. I was literally slack-jawed with the circumstances that forced him to leave the only woman he'd ever love. Along the way to their finding their forever, her BFF Leigh is right along for the ride while she's planning her wedding to Maverick and then there's her oldest brother Clay that may be silent but when he has something to say, everyone listens.

As the story progresses, our H/h rekindle the love story they thought was lost to them when they were eighteen year olds experiencing their "firsts" with each other...
"Then, with another violent boom of thunder, his lips meet mine and I know without a single doubt in my mind that the boy giving me my first kiss ever will be the same one that give me my last."
Ultimately this second book in the Coming Home Series is everything I wanted it to be and so much more. I'm more in love with this couple than I was with Mav and Leigh and that's a pretty high bar... now I can't wait to read Clay's book!!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment