What we have been reading!!

Friday, July 28, 2017

Stay Close (For You, #1)Stay Close by Alexa Riley
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

In 2016 I read Everything for Her and I was totally hooked with Alexa Riley’s writing! I then read His Alone. WoW!!! I was hooked. Of course I then had to read Stay Close. But to be honest, this one did not blow me away at all. I know! What was I thinking?!?!

So I’ll break it down for you….

Stay Close piggy backs off of the For Her series. It focuses Ryan & Paige Justice’s daughter, Penelope! Who doesn’t want to read the next generation of characters that you loved. I think that I may have had my hopes a bit too high. I did not love this book at all. I liked, not loved.

In Stay Close, Ryan and Paige put a security detail on their daughters. Penelope falls in love with her security detail, Ivan. There is an instant connection between the two of them.

“I’ve been hired to protect her. But as I push away from the bar and walk towards her, I can’t help but think that perhaps someone should have protected her from me.”
~ Alexa Riley, Stay Close (For You #1)

I didn’t have the problem with the insta love. It was the writing and the characters that I did not connect with this time. The book felt rushed and overall not as good as the other books in the For Her series. That being said, I am not giving up this series! I am going to just wait to see how this series plays out.

“If you want me, krasotu, I will forever be yours.”
~ Alexa Riley, Stay Close (For You #1)

I know that Alexa Riley will not let me down! I have faith that they will pull out all the stops with their next book in both the For You and the For Her series. I am looking forward to see how this all plays out. I will not give up!

Thank you ladies for allowing me to read and review Stay Close. The cover for Claimed (For Her #3) looks amazing! I am so looking forward to March 2018! And I want more from the next generation!

#Krasotu #PotseluyMenya #HeNeedsYou #SweetFlower #ICryForYou #MotherAngel

~ Review by Heidi Pharo


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment