What we have been reading!!

Monday, July 24, 2017

The Bars Between UsThe Bars Between Us by A.S. Teague
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 Coming to Terms With Their Past Stars!!!
Reviewed by Franci Neill


The Prologue of this book literally had me in tears. It's that emotional of an opening to a book. When we next see Grace it's seventeen years later and this is a young woman that doesn't realize how beautiful she is and she's got quite the wall built around her and for very good reasons.

Our hero Bronn is a mighty good looking man that Grace can't help but stare at as he saunters off to get her a drink at the bar he just happens to work in that she's stopped at as she arrives back home to start her job after graduation. I loved their inner dialogue that goes on when they first meet each other and I just knew this was going to be a story that I was going to be so drawn into I'd lose track of time.

Ms. Teague does a phenomenal job of developing her characters and the storyline allowing us as the reader to be drawn into the characters lives and we can truly feel their emotions, thoughts and feelings. Our H/h have a history that unbeknownst to them is very similar and my heart ached for what they went through. It truly shaped who they are as adults and as they're falling in love, a secret from their past comes to light and has the potential to derail them as a couple and change everything they thought they knew.

I literally couldn't put this book down once I started it, which happens every single time I read a book by this marvelous author that came onto the scene last year. As the story progresses and we learn the secrets of their pasts my mouth was literally hanging open! All I'm going to say is be prepared to be shocked and hold on for a ride that you weren't expecting!!

Do our H/h get their HEA? Are they able to overcome their past to move into a brighter future? What happens when their past finds their future? To get these answers and a book that will consume you, run, don't walk and one-click The Bars Between Us.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment