What we have been reading!!

Monday, August 7, 2017

Revenge (Lawless, #3)Revenge by Lexi Blake
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Revenge was the PERFECT title for the last book in the Lawless series. I have been hooked with this series since I read the first page of Ruthless (Lawless #1). Lexi Blake has the perfect combination of romance along with action/ suspense. She is quick to draw you into a story just to leave you hanging and wanting more from whatever series she has going on. Believe me, Lawless is a series that you want to read in one sitting! Waiting for all of the books to come out one-by-one was a KILLER! Oh, but so worth it in the end.

We finally get Andrew Lawless’ story! He has been a character that we have gotten to know throughout the Lawless series. Honestly, I was kind of wondering what kind of woman he would end up with. Shelby Gates was Drew’s perfect match!

Drew is still on the hunt for who murdered his parents. If you read Satisfaction (Lawless #2), then you know that there is a HUGE cliffy that you did not see coming! In Revenge, Drew reaches out to Shelby Gates to investigate this cliffy. The only stipulation that he has for her is that she poses as his girlfriend in public. Nothing can go wrong with that, right??? You do remember that Lexi writes romance… So clearly you know where this story is going…

Lexi did not fail me! The relationship between Andrew & Shelby was fun to read. They worked together well uncovering the mystery of his parent(s) death while navigating their attraction to one another.

“If you believe nothings else about me, believe that. I want you. I want to spend time with you, and I want to see if maybe you’re the woman who can handle my damage. Before you say something optimistic, you should know that it’s a lot of damage. You would be smart to walk away from me.”
~ Lexi Blake, Revenge (Lawless #3)

Lexi’s characters have a way of burying their way into your heart. You feel for them. You want what’s best for them. You root for them! And yet the suspense that she creates for her characters is the perfect mixture for each and every one of them to find their perfect path to one another.

“You are the be-all, end-all of my life, and I won’t ever leave you. When you’re ready, your future is here. I love you.”
~ Lexi Blake, Revenge (Lawless #3)

I am going to miss this series. I would love to see these characters pop up in one of Lexi’s other series like she sometimes does from time to time. I’m not fully ready to let the Lawless family go.

#BlackWidowMother #StoryOfALifetime #MrMoneybags #HotNerd

~ Review written by Heidi Pharo


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment